Installing a new theme in Moodle
There are two ways a theme can be installed in Moodle:
A) Installing theme via FTP
1. Login to your FTP client server where your Moodle is installed.
2. Go to Moodle “Theme” directory and place the theme folder which you have extracted from the Zip in it.
3. Ensure that the New Theme folder and its contents are readable by the webserver. Change the Read and Write permission of it (incorrect permissions may prevent the display of the newly installed theme).
4. Now login to your Moodle site and go to Administration > Site administration > Notification , you will see a Notification for the theme to be installed. Click on the “Upgrade Moodle Database now” button to continue the installation procedure.
B) Installing theme via uploaded ZIP folder
1. Login as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Plugin.
2. Click the link 'Install add-ons'.
3. Choose the “Plugin type” as “Theme (theme)”
4. Then upload theme zip folder or simply drag and drop the zip folder in the “ZIP package” area.
5. Accept the statement of “Acknowledgement” and then click “Install add-on from the ZIP file” button to continue.
6. Check that you obtain a 'Validation passed!' message, then click the button 'Install add-on'.
Changing theme in Moodle
1. Login to your Moodle site as an admin and go to Administration > Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme Selector.
2. Click on "Clear theme caches" button
3. Click on the "Select theme" button on the right of the current theme being used for the device
4. Scroll down to find the theme you wish to use
5. Click the "Use theme" button next to that theme
6. Moodle will tell you it has been saved as the default theme
7. Check your Moodle site by going to the Moodle site's home page
8. You may have to refresh your browser to see the new theme